Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Not a beauty post but had to share

I've lived in my house for roughly 15 years. Now living in the South has a whole set of different issues than living in the North. You southern ladies know what I'm talking about. Red clay. What a dreadful thing it is when your water runs thru it and into your all white bathroom.  Anyway I wound up with horrible red stains in my tub. Nothing but bleach would remove them, and I do mean nothing. Scrubbing Bubbles-no, Kaboom-no, Spic n Span-no. etc etc. The amount of money I have wasted on all those amazing cleaners wound up to be nothing compared to this wonderful and cheap solution. (someone kick me!) Best part over bleach is I don't wind up having breathing issues with this.





Original Dawn dish soap, white vinegar and a empty clean spray bottle. I used a half a cup of vinegar and half a cup of dawn. Heat the vinegar, I just put it in the microwave for 2 minutes. Add to spray bottle and then add half a cup of Dawn. Shake gently. Spray in tub. Wait two hours and wipe off with a sponge. That's it.
There is some smell with the vinegar but in comparsion with everything else I've tried and muttered over this is a  Godsend. There was literally no scrubbing involved. And don't we all love not breaking our backs? Not to mention saving my mani!


link to the blogger I got this from,http://lifecraftsandwhatever.blogspot.com/2012/01/dawn-vinegar-soap-scum-killa.html

No comments:

Post a Comment