Wednesday, May 16, 2012

when did Walmart become the good guy?

So in the ongoing search for a decent sunscreen for my face I have tried Aveeno Face SPF 100.
Long story short, it went back today to Walmart. Now I've had it for about a month, so I had long ago thrown out the receipt. They gladly refunded my money(granted I did have to show my id for tracking purposes) . And done.
Onwards to Rite-Aid. (yes another Rite-Aid story). My original reason for going there was to search for the new LE Wet n Wild bronzers. While I was there I stopped by the sunscreens, knowing I needed a replacement   for the Aveeno. I wound up getting Neutrogena Spectrum+Face.

 Also another needed to be returned item. Now here's the kicker, I had the receipt for this, I paid cash. And they hand me a gift card. /joy
Yes, I will be contacting them.

Here is their return policy:

Trying new products is one of the great joys of visiting Beauty Isle.
But sometimes what you see in the mirror at home leaves you less than overjoyed. Not a problem! You can always return beauty items for a full refund at Rite Aid.
Rite Aid it's not just a store. It's a solution
Get daring with your choices. Play it safe with your pocketbook.
That's the beauty of shopping at Rite Aid. Get all the details below.
The Rite Aid 100% Risk-Free Beauty Guarantee.*
Any opened or used beauty product of any brand name can be returned for a full refund when accompanied by a register receipt. Beauty categories subject to the guarantee are skin care/depilatories, sun care, bath/soap, hair care (shampoo, conditioner, styling and professional), hair color, cosmetics, ethnic beauty aids, fragrances, cosmetic organizers and personal care appliances.

According to the cashier, their policy is gift cards only on returns. 


So newest trial run (my face is going to hate me...) is the L'oreal Sublime Sun. I do wish I could have found one that had a higher SPF. 

My biggest annoyance with Rite-Aid has got to be they are the only ones that carry Jesse's Girl makeup. I will probably have to order off the website from now on. 

So once again...when did Walmart become the Good guy??


No comments:

Post a Comment